Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yes, Another Post

I know I've been posting a lot lately, but we've been doing a lot. We've been trying a new reward system with Andrew, and the result this time was a few hours with just mommy while Benjamin went to a friends house. So, I signed him up for an Explore the Shore class at one of the beaches near our house. I had forgotten how beautiful it is here and how much I really enjoy it.This was the walk to the beach...
You wander through a forest...
Over some train tracks ( Andrew thought it was pretty cool)
Then, on the other side of the tracks, you emerge from the forest to this...
It was pretty foggy this morning, but it's still a pretty spectacular site
Andrew didn't want to touch anything, but he did enjoy looking at everything. Above is a shell of a Dungenous Crab, they shed they're exoskeletons when they've out grown them. Below is a slimy fish they found under a rock.( I can't remember what it was called star something)
I think I got more out of it then he did, but it was still very educational and it was fun to spend a few hours with just Andrew.

1 comment:

The Muries said...

That is a cool idea. You will have to let me know how it works out after a bit longer. Sounds like you guys did get a nice walk in, very pretty too.