Wednesday, June 4, 2008

F.H.E Follow Up

Thank you to all who helped with ideas for FHE. I thought I'd let you all know what has been shared and hopefully we can inspire each other to have fun!! A big one was reviewing your childs primary lesson, this was a hit because you can find them at LDS.org and they are already tailored to your childs age. Flannel board stories, moms with a wide age group liked these because you could simplify it for young ones but ask real in depth questions for the older children. The Friend always has FHE ideas as well as sharing time ideas. For older kids, knowing the monthly primary theme, song and scripture, then memorizing them for FHE was an idea. One lady would findout what the hyms would be for sacrament meeting the following week and teach her kids the first verse for at least one song, then they could particitpate in sacrament the following sunday. The Faith in God books are also great resources if your kids are that age. You can even go to the church website and they have ideas example.. it will say.. if you have a lesson on faith, your child can pass of this in their books. I thought that was pretty cool. Game books and Nursery books from Deseret Book are always fun as well. A big thing I got was that we need ot RELAX and have fun!! Even when we think they're not listening, they probably are. It doesn't need to be formal, we just need to set aside one night a week, hopefully Monday, to spend time together. Even if it's just reading a little out of the scriptures together. And even when they become teenagers and complain, we need to KEEP AT IT!!. Our YW presidentsaid that they will complain no matter what, it's their (teens) job tomake us think they're not enjoying themselves. I liked that. I'm trying to remember everything, I wasn't smart enough to write it all down, as I think of more, i'll post them. Also, I'm going to add the links I've recieved on my blog, take a look and if you know of others, please let me know.

2 comments:

Pancake said...

What great ideas they had!! Loved the one about teaching the kids the songs before sunday! Glad it went well for you!

Pancake said...

Hey Lisa... I thought I had your email address.. but I dont! Any way, I found out about one aspect of advertising on your blog. They send you products and you have to do a write up on them. HUMMM, cant I choose? You also have to set up a pay pal account. Not sure I like the idea of that....

Hope you are having aGREAT DAY!