Monday, May 3, 2010

Ahhh Ben


Yesterday Ben's day started out with him checking on Sierra. I heard him as he was waking up saying that he was going to check on Sierra. He then appears in my room, climbs up on the bed and snuggles in with Sierra. He hangs out while I give Sierra a bath, he tells me he's going to sleep and to wake him up when it's time to get dressed for church. After getting Sierra and myself ready (Andrew's still asleep) I get Ben and realize his diaper is still dry!! PERFECT! I ask him if he wants to try going potty in the toilet. He agrees so we head to the bathroom, he decides he doesn't want to go in his, but in mommy and daddy's OK fine...just go potty! Of course he changes his mind...again and goes back to his. I leave him in the bathroom to do his thing and finish getting things ready for church. He comes in, tells me he's done but that he didn't go. OK fine, let's give you a treat for trying. Then, as I'm getting ready to put his diaper on him, he informs me he needs to go potty, OK great! Then, after several failed attempts to get him in a diaper, I figure, we have LOTS of tile in the house, I'll just let him run around naked while I get everything ready for church. Not long later I think...I bet he's going to pee on the tile somewhere. Nah, he knows where the potty is, he'll make it. So, I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast and see a damp spot near the front closet. I ask Ben why it's wet and he looks down. This is the conversation that we then had...
Me:Ben, did you go potty?
Ben: Yes
Me: Really? Are you sure? Where are you supposed to go potty? (thinking he's just saying yes because he always says yes, there's not a puddle or anything so it's probably something else.)
Ben: In the toilet.
I then proceed to wipe it up anyway.
Ben: (opening the hall closet) In here mom!!!!
He had opened the hall closet peed in it and then shut the door. What was in the hall was what he had tracked out. AKKKKK!!!! by this point, Andrew's awake but not getting dressed, Sierra's crying and we're NOT on track for being on time for church. (Bob's the ward clerk, so he was at a Bishopric meeting) I quickly clean it up, get Andrew going on getting ready for church and FINALLY get a diaper on Ben then get him some breakfast. We made it to church during the opening song. WHEW!!!
Yet it doesn't end there. After feeding Sierra at church I come back in and sit down, she proceeds to spit up ALL over me while Ben is admiring her and really loudly he tells me that she's spilling!
BEN: She's spilling Mom! Don't spill on mommy Sierra, that's not nice. Hey mommy I caught it! I caught it mommy! I need to wash my hand.
After a few chuckles from me and anyone sitting behind us. I get his hand cleaned up, he had stuck it under her "spillage". Not 5 minutes later I hear "I'm a bee, I'm a bee, i'm a i'm a i'm a bee" Yes, the black eyed peas. He won't stop singing it! I find out later from someone who sits 6 or 7 rows in front of us, that they could hear him, AKKK!!
You can ALWAYS count on Ben for a good laugh. i think it's his mission in life to make people smile.
Love you Ben and all your mischief
 

No comments: