Sunday, August 9, 2009

July 3rd

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and this year we were able to go home and celebrate it with family. It's been a tradition in my family to go to Edgewater Park on the 3rd for their fireworks. We've been going ever since I was a teenager and we went one year as a youth activity. I LOVE it! They light off the fireworks on one side of the park and everyone sits on the other side. Andrew is usually unsure of fireworks close up, so I wondered how he would do. But he and Ben LOVED them!

Andrew and Benjamin waiting for the fireworks to begin.

Grandma bought the boys light up swords...They really kept them entertained. Ben kept saying star wars over and over while they played with them.

Connor grandma and Andrew keeping themselves entertained while they patiently await the fireworks.


Can you see where they are lighting the fireworks?
So....we all have to look at them like this....
Because they are like this....right above our heads! It's not uncommon to get a few ashes on your blankets.

The next day the 4th, we spent at Bob's parents house. His dad took A LOT of pictures and I will post them later when we get a copy.

No comments: