Monday, June 22, 2009

And we're OFF!!!

To Bakersfield, CA that is. Through a crazy turn of events and MANY prayers. Bob has landed a job at a new contract in Bakersfield, CA. We are SO excited!! The contract is for 5 years!!!!! It's kinda crazy to think that after nearly 7 years of marriage and what will be 7 moves we will be able to buy a house and settle down....for a little while at least. Of course I keep having these HORRIBLE thoughts that it won't last and we'll be on the move again in a year. But Bob assures me this is it! So, between now and when Bob has to report to work on the 16th of July, he is finishing up work in Lancaster as well as starting on a few things he can do long distance for the new hospital. I am getting us ready for our 2 week road trip to CO next week, and getting as much done around the house to have it ready for movers when we get back. It's a roller coaster, but a fun one for sure!! CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!!!!

1 comment:

Lola said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you guys to be in stable emplyment-- hard to come by these days. I know the move will be stressful, but it will be worth it. Call me when you get into town-- my number is the same.